Special Educational Needs and Disabilities (SEND)
We believe that all children should be respected and valued as per our values.
St.Jude’s Church Nursery strives hard to ensure that all children :
• Are provided with a happy and friendly environment that encourages them to develop the social, intellectual and physical skills needed for school and life.
• Have a wide and balanced curriculum which is differentiated to meet individual needs
• Can learn and make progress according to their individual developmental styles
• Are assessed using appropriate assessment tools and guidelines
• Have equal access to resources, provision and intervention as needed
• Are valued as individuals and helped to realise their potential
Special educational provision is additional to or different from that made generally for others of the same age. This means provision that goes beyond what is normally provided as part of our high quality provision. It may take the form of additional support from within a setting or require involvement of specialist staff or support services.
Our Nursery has a Special Educational Needs Co-ordinator (SENCO) who is responsible for the management of provision and support for identified children with SEND. They will also support other staff to enable them to provide appropriate assessment and focussed provision for children in their care with SEND.
A guide on the support system for children and young people with special educational needs and disabilities (SEND), for parents and carers – https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/send-guide-for-parents-and-carers